Monday, February 4, 2008

Blogging minutes.

With so many aspects of news and reporting being affected by blogging nowadays it's no wonder it's becoming increasingly popular. After reading/looking over the survey of US journalists by Bordeur it shows how blogs are having an impact on our little world of reporting.

Going back then and thinking about the 11 layers and citizen journalism, it's funny to think that blogging wasn't really looked  at as a means of reporting, yet so many "real" reporters are out there reading over all these blogs in cyberspace.

It's also interesting to me that this survey talks about the hours reporters spend looking over other people's blogs, collecting information, gathering story ideas and getting soundbites... And then there are people like me who can't even remember to log on to their own assigned blog and do an assignment that takes 20 minutes. 


2 comments:

EMM said...

Right. Some say that best practice is to write a little bit every day in your blog..just like feeding that puppy you wanted to get, I guess.

eversa3 said...

I feel ya on this, how do people have so much free time that they are sitting there blogging all the time? I now have 2 classes that make me do this and I can barely keep up!